Wednesday, May 4, 2011

9. I think I can, I think I can...

Court's at 5. I'm getting ready and all my lights go out. Fuckin electricity... I open the blinds to a grimy window that is so caked in with neglect and debris that it barely lets any light through. DAMN. I'll just bring my makeup with me, do it in the bathroom or something. I pop a few more of my pills, and hobble down to the front door. When i get off the elevator, i'm struck with this amazing sensation. The smell of sweet Cherry Pie floods my mind with memories of back home. Before all this, before it all went to hell. Tears well up from sorrow and nostalgia, and hunger wells up from that sweet sweet Cherry Pie. New Mission: The Bakery. I've gotta get some of that Pie!

The line's going out the door, people shoving and pushing. What the hell? this must be some damn fine pie! My mouth is watering, but I cant risk missing my court date... I try to push towards the front but there's no way... These people mean business.

In a booth near the door, I see Billy Farsk, happier than I've ever seen someone about a slice of pie. It almost convinces me to stay in this god forsaken line, but I've decided I cant destroy my life any longer. I've gotta get to court.

I hop on the train and head towards the city courthouse.

The judge is an older man, greying hair and a receding hairline, with a weight ratio a little biased towards his middle. I was alternating between batting my eyelashes and worrying about the outcome. I thought about my past, hoping my charges as a minor wouldn't effect his decision. My final sentance, 6 months probation for possession of drug paraphenelia. I thank the judge humbly and walk out.

6 months clean. I can do this. I can do this. I can do this. I can do this. I can do this. I can do this. I can do this. I can do this. I can do this. I can do this. I can do this. I can do this. How many times do you have to say something before it's true? I hope there's a number..... I can do this. I can do this. I can do this.....I can do this. I can do this. I can do this.............................................

No comments:

Post a Comment