Wednesday, March 30, 2011

7: Hydrocodiene

I woke up to dingy walls... I can't tell the color yet... and a dim light. My senses ease back into focus and I realize i'm in a... Hospital? I run through the events in my mind, and struggle. I remember, an explosion... and Charlie Sheen. No, that can't be right... I don't get it. I have massive headache. I must have Overdosed.... I'll just.... I'm fading again..

..............................................


A nurse wakes me up. She says the explosion put shrapnel through my leg. its broken. And they pumped my system. In her eloquence, "Enough Coke to kill a mule." I'm honestly a little impressed with myself. My leg throbs with pain with each beat my heart makes. The IV's running into my arm aren't delivering enough to satisfy the pain... I'm passing out again..........................


Okay, I'm alright now. The doctors have me hopping around on crutches, doped up on Hydrocodeine. I'd love a line or two, but Last weekend's Overdose has me a little scared. I don't know what to do. I'm realizing slowly that this life of mine could kill me.

My court date is in a few days. I'm in pain. So tired of being in the house... I decide to go for as much a walk as my shattered shin can take. I see a pickup driving down the way with an ATM loaded in the back.

"Just my luck." I think. "I go /near/ a crime and get arrested. These people just driiive off like no big deal..." Fucking unfair life. Putting me in the line of fire.... There's another girl watching.. Kitty something. I doubt she'll call the police. Shit, I wouldn't either. Thats not the "watershed" way...

I don't get too far past the first block before i'm in too much pain to go on. I turn back, grimacing with each hobble, and make my way back home... Hydrocodeine...... 9 please.

No comments:

Post a Comment